Sustainable Energy from Plastic Recycling
Vadxx’s proprietary thermal de-polymerization technology produces clean, sustainable energy by converting plastic waste from consumer, industrial and agricultural waste streams to fuel and alternative energy products.
Vadxx and our regional site developers are actively seeking supplies of plastic waste. The best materials for the process are polyethylene and polypropylene. We prefer to have materials located within a 100 mile radius of the Vadxx facility, delivered in a shredded and dry state. We are able to alter the waste prior to operations for a small cost.
PVC and PET are not candidates for this process, although small amounts mixed in with target materials will do no harm. We do not accept hazmat materials.
Due to the unique attributes of our process, we are able to utilize waste streams that others cannot recycle. The following are just some examples of waste plastic sources that we are willing to accept.
Optimal Plastic Waste Recycling Feedstocks
- #2 Plastic – HDPE – High Density Polyethylene – Typical applications include bottles, grocery bags, milk jugs, recycling bins, agricultural pipe, plastic lumber, barrels, pails, food containers, oil containers, wire rolls and gas tanks.
- #4 Plastic – LDPE – Low Density Polyethylene – Typical applications include plastic bags, 6 pak rings, various containers, tubing, agricultural film, natural gas piping and molded laboratory equipment.
- #5 Plastic – PP – Polypropylene – Typical applications include toys, automobile parts, carpeting, upholstery, reusable containers, appliances, some types of paper and laboratory equipment.
- #6 Plastic – PS – Polystyrene – Typical applications include food and drink packaging, household appliances, consumer electronics, garden equipment, construction materials and medical trays.
- #7 Plastic – Other – This catch-all grade includes polycarbonate (PC), Bisphenol-A (BPA) and Bisphenol-S (BPS). Typical uses are electrical wiring, CD/DVD cases, baby bottles and 3 and 5 gallon reusable bottles.
- ABS Plastic – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene – Typical applications include appliance housings, luggage, camera bodies, power tool housings, battery cases, tool boxes, packing crates, radio cases and various furniture components.
- Auto Shredder Residue (ASR), Automotive Shredder Residue or Auto Fluff Recycling
- Carpet and Carpet Pad Recycling
- Roofing and Shingles Recycling
- E-Waste or Electronic Waste Recycling includes electronic products such as old televisions, computers, printers, copy machines and cell phones.
- Agricultural & Farm Plastic
- Industrial Waste with Organic Contamination
- Paper and Pulp Byproduct Plastics
- Aluminum Wire Insulation and Jacket Tailings (including ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA plastic))
- Oil and Gas Drilling Barrier Plastic
- Spent Industrial Absorbents and Absorbent Pads
- Plastic Barrier Materials for Marinas
Size and Nature of Material
The plastic waste sought by Vadxx needs to be of proper properties in terms of chemical composition, purity of stream and size of particle.
- Size: We would prefer that waste material be shredded/granulated to as small as particle size as possible, 2″ plastic piece size or smaller. Shredding may require surcharge.
- Metal/Wire contaminant: 1/8” diameter max, 1” long max is tolerated by process.
- Foil or soda can scrap: ½” square max is tolerated by process.
- General: 3/16” x 3/16” x 3/16” cube max if solid is tolerated
- Chemistry must be such that the expected oil yield will be greater than 55% – we will provide assays and analysis if the material is not a known quantity and yield.
- Waste will have a paper/cellulose component no greater than 20% – less is better.
- Moisture levels – less moisture is better. Surcharge for unusually high levels of moisture (>20%).
Non-Acceptable Waste Plastic Feedstocks
- #1 PET
- #3 PVC or any chlorinated resin, Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Any thermoset or cross-linked polymers
- Any fluoropolymers or Teflon
- Any polyesters
- Hydrogenated Nitrile Rubber
- Nitrile Rubber, Nylon
Important Note: small amounts of any or all of these in the overall blend are not harmful to the equipment or process. So do not rule out a potential supply simply because it has some trace amounts of these un-wanted items.